Digital Citizenship Summit: What Does A Successful Digital Citizenship Program Look Like and How Do We Get There?
Digital Citizenship is all about the way we engage in relationships, create community, and share with each other. As educators, we are tasked with teaching 21st Century Learners how to carefully curate their digital identity; engage in legal and ethical digital communication; respect the intellectual property of others; and manage one’s own digital privacy and security.
How can a single teacher, librarian, counselor, technology director, or school principal create relevant digital citizenship curriculum alone? They can’t! That’s where NCCE’s Digital Citizenship Summit can help! Join Common Sense Media’s, Sue Thotz as she leads a day designed to meet our diverse needs, regardless of your current digital citizenship instructional program.
What to expect:
- Learn from local and national leaders who have gone through the process.
- Connect with educators and expand your professional learning network.
- Be an active participant while learning new social media and digital tools.
- Get the most out of the Digital Citizenship Summit by attending as a stakeholder team.
- Learn about the role of blended learning models, family engagement, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), and Positive Behavior Intervention Systems (PBIS) play in digital citizenship programs.
- Leave with takeaways and action steps to implement your refreshed Digital Citizenship program.