In an effort to celebrate the innovative uses and effective integration of technology in the education field, NCCE honors specific members through our annual awards program.Award winners are announced and honored at NCCE’s annual conference and are awarded a recognition plaque from the NCCE Board President and CEO/Executive Director.
Award winners are announced and honored at NCCE’s annual conference and are awarded a recognition plaque from the NCCE Board President and CEO/Executive Director.
The objective of the NCCE awards program is to:
- Recognize excellence among the many outstanding members of NCCE
- Highlight exemplary technology educators and leaders
- Increase public awareness of the importance of high quality technology and integration in education
- Set standards for the innovative and effective use of a variety of technologies in education and show how such standards can be achieved
- Provide tangible recognition of personal and professional achievements, garner respect of colleagues, and enhance professional opportunities for NCCE members
Eric Jensen Leadership Award
The Eric Jensen Leadership Award highlights an individual who has provided leadership to NCCE.
Outstanding Technology Educator of the Year
NCCE awards the Outstanding Technology Educator of the Year Award to a member who has daily contact with students.
Criteria for Technology Educator of the Year
The candidate must:
- Be a current member of NCCE
- Have significantly influenced staff and/or student performance using computers and related technologies in education
- Have worked beyond his or her job description to improve the effectiveness of technology use in education
- Have achieved integration of technology into the curriculum well beyond that assumed in his or her job description
- Have expanded his or her professional expertise by participating in workshops, seminars, conferences, and other professional development opportunities