Facilitating Student Collaboration
Best practices for building a culture and environment for student collaboration in and out of the classroom.
– Moving from a teacher-centered classroom to a student-centered classroom
– Student dialogue in the margins that is impossible with paper
– Peer review student work
– Selecting texts for student debate and discourse
– Guide for socratic seminar, book groups, literacy circles
– Independent Reading for sharing and reviewing
Actively Learn supports best practices for literacy by activating, supporting, and revealing student thinking. It is an online digital platform with content, features, and data to drive deeper learning in ELA, Social Studies, and Science. Participants will learn what’s worked for educators successfully teaching with Actively Learn, and will leave with an assignment they can immediately use with students.
- Classroom Educators
- Teacher Leaders
- Instructional Staff
- Instructional Coaches