How to ask Higher-Order Thinking questions
How to ask questions that facilitate higher-order thinking skills.
– Standards and DOK alignment
– Moving beyond surface level
– Selecting texts for student debate and discourse
– Strategic thinking and higher-order questions
– Designing your own assignments with higher-order questions in texts and videos for deeper comprehension
Actively Learn supports best practices for literacy by activating, supporting, and revealing student thinking. It is an online digital platform with content, features, and data to drive deeper learning in ELA, Social Studies, and Science. Participants will learn what’s worked for educators successfully teaching with Actively Learn, and will leave with an assignment they can immediately use with students.
- Classroom Educators
- Teacher Leaders
- Instructional Staff
- Instructional Coaches