iPads in Education
This workshop covers the initial setup of the iPad, connecting to wiki and adding the best educational Apps to use in the classroom. Participants learn why the iPad is generating so much excitement and introduce school and students to this revolutionary device!
We will address basic iPad use, potential policies and procedures that may need to be considered, and app evaluation. Participants will also discuss strategies for using iPads to differentiate learning during individual, small group, and whole group instruction. After this 3-hour workshop, teachers leave with an iPad ready to go and use in the classroom.
Outline and Objectives:
- Differentiated instruction
- Develop 21st Century Skills
- Increase access to technology
- Integrate technology effectively into curricula and instruction
- Support improved student academic achievement
The iPads in Education professional learning opportunity is designed for those educators who are NEW to iPad use.