The Makey Makey Invention Literacy Workshop for Educators is an engaging, hands-on learning experience where you’ll learn how to teach Invention Literacy. Participants will learn best practices and gain access to a multimedia training website that can be used when working with students or future trainees.
- Participants will be able to imagine and build creative circuits.
- Participants will be introduced to the concept of invention literacy.
- Participants will be able to build simple and effective programs using the free Scratch coding program from MIT that will support a Makey Makey design challenge.
- Participants will learn how to create and solve open ended design challenges using the Makey Makey.
- Participants will learn how to build a variety of sensors that provide feedback.
- Participants will explore how the Makey Makey resources and methodologies support learning outcomes in their classroom.
Following the workshop participants will be receive:
- Certificate of Completion for Makey Makey Introductory Course.
- Access to ready to use resources as well as an educator guide for success.
- One set of ready to use materials and a Makey Makey kit to use with students.
- Online learning materials to follow the training serving as self-paced resources for educators.
If you would like to schedule this workshop in your district or school please complete the following form to reserve your day and time now.
MAKEY MAKEY KIT