Understanding by Design
This multi-day training for all educators focuses on using backwards design for lesson/unit development including the integration of technology to improve student achievement. This training will work within your state standards to help teachers determine learning goals as well as create effective assessments and learning activities.
Outlines and Objectives:
- Model strong technology integration pedagogy
- Focus on lesson/unit development
- Create a hands-on environment for teachers to learn.
- Share lesson resources
Sample Agenda Topics:
All workshops are customizable. Sample agenda topics include but are not limited to
- Introduction to UbD (Understanding by Design)
- Explore “backward planning” curriculum design process
- Unit design template
- Design standards and rubrics
- Lesson Development